Mid-weight Interior Designer
We are looking for candidates with experience in high-end residential design and boutique hospitality / commercial design. We are therefore in the search for an enthusiastic individual who has experience running small scale commercial projects or high-end residential projects in the UK and abroad. In this role you will play a pivotal part in our dynamic studio, where you’ll work alongside a strong team of designers and the Design Director, delivering designs from concept to completion, on a range of projects in the UK and abroad.
- BA in Interior Design or Architecture
- A minimum of 4 years relevant industry experience, within residential and commercial interior design
- Has worked on projects from concept through to completion (must have site experience)
- Has delivered full ID drawing packages, including detail drawings
- Has a good working knowledge of interior design phases and RIBA stages.
- Has working knowledge of key relevant UK Building Regulations for both commercial and/or residential interiors
- An in-depth working knowledge of the wider high-end interior design industry in the UK and further afield
- Can drive and deliver projects, meeting both target deadline and FF&E budget
- Excellent knowledge of materiality and finishes for both interior architecture, joinery and FF&E
- Excellent knowledge of manufacturing routes for bespoke joinery and FF&E
- Has good working knowledge of bespoke manufacturing and production methods, with a reasonable understanding of associated costs
- Has excellent working skills in interior and FF&E sourcing
- Analytical and has impeccable attention to detail, being aware of building and manufacturing constrains and possibilities
- Desire to take the leading role on projects and delegate to junior team members as necessary
- Acts as the main point of contact for day-to-day project communications with Client teams, consultants, contractors and suppliers on projects which they lead
- Has advanced skills in AutoCAD, Indesign, Photoshop and Sketchup and an ability to confidently tutor junior colleagues in these softwares when required
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and work to tight deadlines
- Has design flair and aspirations to create unique interiors and environments
- Strong communication skills, especially when presenting design solutions
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Right to work in the UK
What we offer;
- A friendly and supportive workplace
- Mentoring with a focus on developing each designer’s unique skill-set
- Opportunity to work across all design phases and deliverables
- Career progression framework
If this role sounds like an opportunity for you, then please send us your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email Subject; Interior Designer Role
Salary will be dependent on experience. Start date TBC. This is a full-time role with base in our London studio, in Old Street.
(Posted February 2024)
No Agencies please!